News Everyday

Investigations into Pressure 27’s Hate Speech Case Still Ongoing


The Buganda Road Chief Magistrates Court has further remanded Tik- toker Ibrahim Musana also known as Pressure 24/7 to Luzira Prison since investigations in the hate speech case against him are still ongoing.

On Thursday, State Attorney  Ivan Kyazze asked the Court presided over by Chief Magistrate Ronald Kayiizi to grant him a short adjournment in the matter because investigations are almost done.

Prosecution states that between August 2023 and February 2024 in areas of Kampala district, while using a computer via his tik-tok account, Pressure 24 Seven shared information that is likely to degrade or demean and promote hostility against four leaders including the Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi 2, President Museveni, Speaker of Parliament  Annet Anita Among and State Minister for Information Communication Technology – ICT  Joyce Nabbosa Ssebugwawo.

Consequently, Pressure 24/7 was remanded until April 29th, 2024  with hopes that by that time the, Prosecution would have concluded investigations.

Pressure 24 Seven was arraigned before the Court for the first time on February 24th, 2024.

But he did not directly plead to the charges. He told the Magistrate that he wasn’t aware that by posting such videos, he was committing an offense since he is psychologically unwell having been admitted to Butabiika National Referral Mental Hospital some time back.

According to Pressure, he was being disturbed by the spirits of Buganda’s dead Kings who demanded him to repair their tombs but he was financially constrained.

Pressure 24 Seven added that for two years he has been writing to Buganda Kingdom informing them that he is a Prince and the spirits are making such demands but he has not received any response.

He pleaded to the court to forgive him with a promise to desist from attacking leaders and to delete all the hate speech content from TikTok.

His troubles started when Buganda Kingdom officials reported a case of ridiculing the Kabaka to the police.  He was then arrested and kept under police custody for a week before his production in court.


Post Views:

Investigations into Pressure 27’s Hate Speech Case Still Ongoing

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.